Print

Sunday 14 April 2013

Peanut Biscuits

Lots of cooking happened this weekend, surprisingly! I was quite busy, in a very good and relaxing way. Friends, art, exercise, dinners, brunches, a movie, and community deeds filled my weekend. But of course I managed to cook a couple of biscuit recipes. 

Today's recipe is of a biscuit that just cries out to be dunked in a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, neither of which I really drink so I imagine you'll have to try it and let me know if my imagination at all aligns with reality! I cooked my biscuits for a tiny bit longer than the recipe asked for, so they were quite crispy — hence my dunking recommendation. What I'd actually recommend is that you cook them for 9 minutes, when they're still a bit chewy and yummy. 


Peanut Biscuits

























Peanut Biscuits

1 cup self-raising flour
115g butter
cup brown sugar
cup white sugar

½ cup roasted & unsalted peanuts, chopped roughly
1 egg, beaten
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 180°C

Using an electric beater, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg, peanuts and salt, then sifted flour, mixing until a sticky dough forms.  

Dollop tablespoon sized portions onto a greased baking tray, and cook for 8-10 minutes. Check the biscuits at 8 minutes if cooking in a fan-forced oven as overcooking can occur quickly. 


~

For those of you who are not in Australia, please find here a selection of Measurement & Temperature Conversion Charts which should help with the accuracy of your own cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment