Print

Saturday 18 January 2014

Christmas Cakes, Mince and Pudding update

Now, you all may remember that I cooked some many many months ago a number of xmas cakes, a pudding and some fruit mince. I finally have been able to taste them all in their various forms, and I thought you might all like to see how they turned out. 


Mandy's Xmas Cake

Was very nutty, and tasty and rich. The best kind of christmas cake. Best with custard. 

Christmas Pudding

Now, the pudding travelled with me on my drive to Melbourne from Brisbane, and then from Melbourne to Adelaide in my checked in luggage in readiness for family christmas. Once at my brother's place, I popped it into the largest boiling pot I could find in his kitchen, and in good Cooking with Nanna tradition, it took quite a few hours. The great reveal, gave us...this...buttock shaped food. 

What? It's true. LOOK at it. Buttock shaped. 

Anyway, it tasted all right according to everyone who had some, I personally found it not as rich as I was hoping for, but it was a lovely dessert on which to finish a very nice christmas lunch.

Fruit Mince

I only made one little pie out of the mince I'd made, as I gave all of the mince away. It was (insert false modesty here) very very yummy and I don't know why I waited all my adult life to make this. I may even make this again, even at non-christmas times. Maybe I'll make some today. 

So far so good, I'll update this entry once I find photos of the Pineapple Christmas Cake, and Roberta's Rich Christmas Cake 

No comments:

Post a Comment