Print

Monday 27 January 2014

One Minute Sponge

This is the second cake I've cooked since moving into my new place, and I feel like that I've finally settled in — the long weekend just past ensured I had a bit of time to rearrange my wardrobe, do lots of washing, other exciting chores AND catch up with and hang out with lots and lots of friend people. The best weather imaginable made it also feel like a mini-holiday, I feel totally relaxed. 

So, my new house: I can't deny that it's cosy, but my housemate and I have arranged the furniture and placed things just so, and we can truthfully say that cosy does equal comfortable in this instance. There is a lack of practical storage space in the kitchen and bathroom (and no linen press, my god why are houses built without linen presses?!), but there is a a very strange attic storage room that is pretty big, so it doesn't feel cluttered or crowded. With a cot bed, it could also be a terrible pitch black spare room for guests we don't like.

Back to the cake, unlike past efforts, this cake was prepared whilst fully sober, although given how utterly simple this cake is to make, I could probably have cooked it after a night out. See also, Orange Peel Jam... It is aptly named, literally taking only one minute to mix all the ingredients together in one bowl, ready to cook. This cake was made, baked and cooled ready for tasting within half an hour. Amaze. 


One Minute Sponge

1 cup plain flour
¾ cups sugar
3 eggs (unbeaten)
3 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. cream of tartar
a few drops of vanilla essence.

Preheat oven to 160°C.

Place all the ingredients into one mixing bowl, then mix well for one minute.
Pour into greased cake tin and bake for 15 minutes.

~

For those of you who are not in Australia, please find here a selection of Measurement & Temperature Conversion Charts which should help with the accuracy of your own cooking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment