Print

Thursday 19 September 2013

Biscuit Fudge

An easy recipe! No weird measurements or mysterious ingredients. Although I had quite the moment of staring blankly at the dairy shelf in the supermarket trying to figure out what and where the copha might be. That was a fun ten minutes. I'm sure by now though, the people who work at my local supermarket are used to me wandering around confused and lightly dusted with flour, peering at the shopping list crumpled in my hand. 

I had a couple of days off work this week, which was just lovely. I managed to get this recipe completed, hopped down to Byron Bay for a day, stood in and stared at the ocean, saw dolphins, whales and stingrays. Thoughts of work emails and my to-do list just washed away. Having a bit of a beer with a weekday lunch was also quite a special treat. There has to be something said about sitting in a beer garden on a warm day, eating great food and having a tasty ale; I may have slept extraordinarily well that evening. The house is still a mess, there are lizards under the bed that have been kindly deposited there by my cat, and the dishes remain successfully ignored. But frankly my dears, I don't give a damn. Everyone should have a day off in Byron Bay.  






Biscuit Fudge

170g copha
115g icing sugar
1 tbsp. cocoa
1 tbsp. cornflour
1 egg
1 tsp. of vanilla essence
225g milk coffee or arrowroot biscuits, crushed into small pieces
1 cup chopped walnuts

Line a loaf tin (20 x 25cm) with greaseproof paper.
Melt the copha in a saucepan, then add the sifted icing sugar, cornflour and cocoa. Stir in biscuit crumbs, beaten egg and vanilla essence.
Press the mixture into the tin, and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts. Allow to set firmly before cutting into squares.

~

For those of you who are not in Australia, please find here a selection of Measurement & Temperature Conversion Charts which should help with the accuracy of your own cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment